• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 tent

Guest Fluke

I had a go putting up my 'pop up' 4 man decathlon tent this afternoon just to make sure everything was there etc. It was pretty easy as expected.

Pulling it down again and getting it to fit in the little bag? No frackin chance!

After an hour of struggling and at one stage it accidently popping back up into my wifes face I gave up and chucked it in the shed!

So when your on your way to EMS1 and you see a car with a half popped up tent in the back - that'll be me!

I feel your pain Dan, I have a Kyham quick set up tent, it does just what it says on the tin and I can be set up and sitting sipping a brew in it in about 15 - 20 minutes but getting that thing back in its nag is like wrestling with a half inflated zeppelin/

We bought one to use as a small awning for the camper a few years ago, that now lives out of the bag as well. We have mastered folding it up though, it now takes less than an hour lol. ;-)

I had a go putting up my 'pop up' 4 man decathlon tent this afternoon just to make sure everything was there etc. It was pretty easy as expected.

Pulling it down again and getting it to fit in the little bag? No frackin chance!

After an hour of struggling and at one stage it accidently popping back up into my wifes face I gave up and chucked it in the shed!

So when your on your way to EMS1 and you see a car with a half popped up tent in the back - that'll be me!

I had this trouble with the pop up I had at kelling. Took 3 of us to wrestle it down. Decided gonna bring normal tent for EMS, not going through that again, ever

Sheila

I remember earlier in the year watching a friend wrestling with a one man pop up tent, needless to say it ended very John Cleese style, never to be seen again.

Guest wisewoman

I

Someone has watched Battlestar Galactica - it was frackin brilliant! :)

Melissa