• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

not a happy bunny.

cosmic dave

Just found out that next door is going to be a holiday home. Great ! People on holiday living next to u all summer, that's no sleep at all then :(

Would that not require planning permision etc? Could be deemed as change of purpose maybe? Worth a looking at if it is cause for concern.

I would hate that also, you never know what sort of person you will have next door. This might affect your light pollution or star gazing time as well if they might be the types to have late BBQ's etc, or keep lights on as they are not paying the bills.

I've just done a bit of digging, and yes, they need planning permission for change of use from a residential property to "Holiday Letting Business Premises". This would probably involve a fair amount of redemial work to as I know only too well having jumped through hoops to prepare SWMBO's old house ready for letting. If it is a real concern to you (which it would be to me in your situation) I would bring this matter up with the local council. You could try and get support from other neighbours too which could well put a stop to planning permission being granted ;)

Called East Lindsey District Council and had a chat with the planning office and they said there was nothing they could do as its not really a change of use. IE people will still be living in the house, does not seem right to me so not going to let it drop :angry: surely potential noise and parking issues for a start ??