• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 - MESSIER HUNT?

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Folks,

Any more for this as I will print out the sheets and send them to Doc. Anyone who wants a pdf will be welcome as this will save the printer!

Cheers

Damian

Folks,

Any more for this as I will print out the sheets and send them to Doc. Anyone who wants a pdf will be welcome as this will save the printer!

Cheers

Damian

Hey Damian,

You can send me PDF I think you have my email but ill pm you it anyway :)

Bins are perfect from a dark site, I bet you will see just as many, maybe more then people with a scope.

Bins have at least a 5 degree FOV which makes them perfect for picking out little smudges.

Only difficult thing would be someone double checking if you are correct, but give it a go anyway.

Guest Tweedledum

HI Eddy,

No worries, just pm your e-mail. I'll send as late as poss so you do not have a lot of time to peruse :P . Hope you find it a bit of fun. There are four sections just bag as many as you can.

Cheers & have a great EMS1.

Guest Tweedledum

HI Dave,

They will be ideal as they are so big, look out for specific targets for binos!!.

Have A great one and much credit for organising,its a great location, know Anderby (creek) well from walking the hounds on the beach.

Cheers

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the note,

Replied, hope they are ok. Have a great weekend, prayer mat set to east for a clear weekend...

Cheers

Damian

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for note, received your e-mail earlier. Relax, have a great weekend.

Cheers

Damian

Martyn is going to help me judge and he has his yellow marker pen at the ready :lol:

We are going to print of 30 copies of each one, hopefully that will be enough.

As soon as you hit upon a Messier object just give myself or Martyn a call and we will look through your scope to confirm it's the correct object and then sign our initials next to the object on your form.

Guest Tweedledum

Folks,

Anyone else wanting the pdfs sent, please pm me your e-mail addr. I'll be sending out tomorrow. Hard copies (paper :) ) will be available on site.

Hoping you have a splendid weekend.

Best Regards.

Damian

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Folk,

Have sent pdf's to those who asked for them. If they don't arrive please pm and I will resend.

If anyone else would like the pdf's for interest, just drop me a pm with your email addr.

Best Regards

Damian

Got mine :) There's a typo, something about you need more lager to view certain objects :P

Also any chance you could provide a key for us newbies who don't know constellation name abbreviations

Thanks for the brilliant PDFs :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Eddy,

Glad you received them, constellation list being sent now with abbreviations to your e-mail.

It is a typo should read more red wine :lol: ..

Have a good un

Cheers

Damian