Jump to content
  • Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

    With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Zoooooom


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was planning to upgrade my alt-az mount but that's on the back burner till next year. I'm sorted for EP's now to pair up with the 6" Mak, ready for some lunar and planetary treats. Traded in the Vixen LV for a few more degrees FOV and click stops with the Hyperion zoom

large.Screenshot_20240514_163657_Gallery.jpg.0851fc13692230684ef157335bcb6936.jpg

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hyperion zooms rock!

 

7kl9Tau.jpg

 

I call mine 'the dalek' and predominantly use it with its 2" skirt and 2" Baader Maxbright mirror diagonal. *vocoded dalek voice* Observicate! Observicate! lol

 

FgDRjH9.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Nightspore I've got 13, 24 and 41mm covered now so this is just right for covering the higher mag stuff. Seems like a really nice EP and has plenty of good reviews 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been pleased with my APM zoom (and i was never that big a fan of zooms before having tried a couple in the past)

 

15mm - 7mm may seem a bit more restrictive, but the 63x to 127x mag is quite a useful range of power.

And if i'm doing planets where seeing is variable, i like the 1mm clickstops so i can crank up the power in a moment as conditions allow.

It  also performs ok with my 2x PM as well if i'm really going for it.......

 

IMG_4168

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stu said:

@Nightspore I've got 13, 24 and 41mm covered now so this is just right for covering the higher mag stuff. Seems like a really nice EP and has plenty of good reviews 

 

I've always found the colour separation, acuity and contrast of the BHZ to be equal to, or better than, many fixed length EP's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Stu I would like something like that for my skymax 180 pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Stu said:

I was planning to upgrade my alt-az mount but that's on the back burner till next year. I'm sorted for EP's now to pair up with the 6" Mak, ready for some lunar and planetary treats. Traded in the Vixen LV for a few more degrees FOV and click stops with the Hyperion zoom

large.Screenshot_20240514_163657_Gallery.jpg.0851fc13692230684ef157335bcb6936.jpg

Good choice, I love my Baader Mark IV 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, seven_legs said:

@Stu I would like something like that for my skymax 180 pro.

Seems just right when my scope is 1800mm focal length, I imagine yours is about the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2700mm  f/15, might be a bit to much, not sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Stu said:

@Bino-viewer They look very nice! What scope are you using it with?

its a 140mmm apo refractor (its in my signature)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, seven_legs said:

2700mm  f/15, might be a bit to much, not sure

A bit more then 😄 The 10-14mm range is where I imagine I'll get the most use but that wouldn't be much good at that FL. I suppose 14 and up would but I think the FOV decreases?

Edited by Stu
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.