• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Laser pens at ems1

cosmic dave

Can I please ask anyone attending ems1 not to use laser pens/pointers, we have several members wanting to take advantage of the very dark skies at the site to do some imaging and I don't want to run the risk of spoiling their work.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter and look forward to seeing you on the 12th

David

Not a problem Dave will leave mine at home. It's looking extremely likely I'll only be able to make the Saturday now as the wife needs the car til late Friday and we would arrive at sight in pitch darkness. So if we are not wanting to ruin imagers efforts with laser pens then the headlights of our corsa will be less than appreciated! So will arrive Saturday morning with the mrs. Sorry bout that Dave.

Not a problem Dave will leave mine at home. It's looking extremely likely I'll only be able to make the Saturday now as the wife needs the car til late Friday and we would arrive at sight in pitch darkness. So if we are not wanting to ruin imagers efforts with laser pens then the headlights of our corsa will be less than appreciated! So will arrive Saturday morning with the mrs. Sorry bout that Dave.

Felix if you can get someone to bring your tent down I will set it up for you if u wanted to arrive late and park at the front of the site ?

Felix if you can get someone to bring your tent down I will set it up for you if u wanted to arrive late and park at the front of the site ?

We have plenty of room to bring your tent if you wanted to do that, we can also help Dave put it up. :P

We have plenty of room to bring your tent if you wanted to do that, we can also help Dave put it up. :P

Thanks for the offer guys, but all sorted with the wife that we're coming on Saturday now. Catching up with a skydiving buddy on Friday night now anyway-what can I say I'm a popular guy ;o) On a serious note though I am on one hand kind of glad it's worked out this way as I have been trying to get her into coming to a meet since January. I think if she sees some of the amazing views we see (especially at a dark site) I might just be able to get her into astronomy!

Thanks for the offers though guys-much appreciated :)

Just trying to make any stargazing we get in enjoyable for all inc imagers. Im sure there will be plenty of wise heads if someone is not sure what they are looking at without having to use a laser.