• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL7 & EMS

philjay

Ayup

Just an afterthought from the off record discussion last night re EMS & SGL, is it still the intention that we (EMS) book en block, so to speak, at SGL7 like we did at SGL6?

Or are we possibly out of favour with SGL and they may take exception to us setting up a separate enclave within the SGL7 campsite?

What do you reckon?

Phil

count me in, i`m really looking forward to it,

must remember to take my mount this time L.O.L.

Have sent Ant a message asking for 10 pitches.

When we drew straws in work for 2012 holidays I was unable to get the Thursday and Friday of work for this star party so might have to just come down Saturday and Sunday.

Will tell you what he says when I hear from him.

Ant's not organising it this year but he is going to tell the person who is to put aside 10 pitches for EMS, so it should be like last year.

Didn't Helen from sgl have something to do with the organization last year ? Who ever it was I thought they did a great job and the daytime talks were very good

Didn't Helen from sgl have something to do with the organization last year ? Who ever it was I thought they did a great job and the daytime talks were very good

Helen's not doing it this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kheldar

Daz just posted an update : do we have pitches put aside, or do we hit the booking site when it becomes available?

/>http://stargazerslounge.com/sgl-announcements-events/170897-sgl-7-update.html

Edited by Kheldar

I have set aside 10 pitches, I was told it is the same set up as last year, just tell them when you book you are with

The Ems party and when you arrive you should be all together.

Seems like they are OK with an EMS enclave then, great, cheers Mick. Have added my name to the other thread. Looking forward to it already :)

Phil

women can come along too, you never know she might show an interest in the hobby and then it will be easy for you to buy new kit L.O.L

All 10 pitches now taken but it doesn't stop anyone else going, just puts you away from the 'enclave', which might not be a bad thing!!!

Can anyone remember who claimed the other two space on the list? They are paid up but I can't for the life of me think who it is :unsure: