• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Setting Circle Help

catman161

What are dimensions dave untimmed and trimmed.

I like these as they could simply replace the existing ones.

I used these on my 300p auto, I trimmed the feet down a bit as they are made to shed or decking bases. Very strong & you just screw them onto the base:- http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-buildings/sheds-garden-storage-workshops/wooden_sheds/Shedmate-Black-Adjustable-Shed-Base-System-75633-11027510

Nice one Dave-I like the look if these a lot! Gonna check these out at local B&Q tomorrow :) will certainly need trimming down for the 200P but they look perfect.

@Mick not sure of trimmed dimensions but have attached pic of original dimensions from B&Q website. qyba3eba.jpg

Mick, I cut mine back to just behind the little hole that you can see in each of the three "toes" on the foot. That gives toes that are just over an inch wide at their smallest point. The approx diameter of the foot is then about 5 inches, but because it's made up of the three toes it seems less. Hope that makes sense - probably best to see one, which you will at EMS1!

Just installed three shed feet-thanks for the heads up on them Dave :) Not cutting them back though-I like them the way they are :)

Setting circle still not arrived yet though :(

Just installed three shed feet-thanks for the heads up on them Dave :) Not cutting them back though-I like them the way they are :)

Setting circle still not arrived yet though :(

I'm glad you like them Felix. :)

I'm glad you like them Felix. :)

Where did you find out about them dave? Or did you just see them and think "they're perfect!"?

Where did you find out about them dave? Or did you just see them and think "they're perfect!"?

I was googling for adjustable feet, looked at lots of different ones. Someone was selling them on ebay at the time so got mine from them but that source seems to have gone now. Luckily B&Q have taken them on so should be easily available for a while at least.

I was googling for adjustable feet, looked at lots of different ones. Someone was selling them on ebay at the time so got mine from them but that source seems to have gone now. Luckily B&Q have taken them on so should be easily available for a while at least.

Well thanks for sharing Dave as they have worked a treat on my 200P. Such a simple addition but makes it easier to utilise a setting circle and wixey :)