• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

large tents ?

cosmic dave

If anyone has a large tent that they won't be using for ems1 can they please bring it along, I have one that I will bring I can squeeze 10 in. Just thinking if the weathers not great we may need a few places to sit and chat out of the elements.

Thanks

David

Noooooooooooooooooo.

My first star party can't be rained out.

It will be clear, it will be clear!

Don't pay any attention to the weather focast its nearly always wrong for round here. I'm just trying to cover all bases at the moment, it will be clear !!!

ive got showers and clear spells next weekend at the moment, lets not worry yet,

Right, regarding the big tent front.

We have figured out how to put up the awning, and it's 2.5m x 5.5m, so that should get a few in! We are going to get a awning carpet for it tomorrow.

So that's the gas, electric, 12v system sorted.

Iam going to need some more fabsil, it's huge.

Right, regarding the big tent front.

We have figured out how to put up the awning, and it's 2.5m x 5.5m, so that should get a few in! We are going to get a awning carpet for it tomorrow.

So that's the gas, electric, 12v system sorted.

Iam going to need some more fabsil, it's huge.

Great, thanks very much.

Bbc weather man says clear spell in east overnight next friday ?? :)

Far to early tho yet to be right.

Guest MikePMC

I'm not sure whether you have sorted anything yet, but I have a 6m x 8m marquee which is weatherproof. I won't be able to make this weekend as I am away racing but if someone wants to come and pick it up, then you are welcome to use it. someone will need to come and pick it up and I suspect it will need a little bit of a clean when erected. if you are scared of spiders, I suggest you dont volunteer to pick it up. :)

thanks,

Mike

Bbc weather man says clear spell in east overnight next friday ?? :)

Far to early tho yet to be right.

Here's to hoping for you guys that it's wrong and it changes to clear all weekend!! Lol ;)

Hopefully still on for saturday-Back has been playing up a litle over last couple of days

Edited by catman161

I'm not sure whether you have sorted anything yet, but I have a 6m x 8m marquee which is weatherproof. I won't be able to make this weekend as I am away racing but if someone wants to come and pick it up, then you are welcome to use it. someone will need to come and pick it up and I suspect it will need a little bit of a clean when erected. if you are scared of spiders, I suggest you dont volunteer to pick it up. :)

thanks,

Mike

Is it big and heavy Mike ?

Its a very nice offer mike, thanks very much but I don't think anyone will have enough spare room. Shame it would have been just the job.

Guest MikePMC

You are more than welcome. If anyone does decide they want to take it, the'll need to pick it up tomorrow though. I'm leaving for Snetterton tomorrow afternoon for a weekend away myself.

If anyone wants to call me to arrange, my number is on my website at www.mgw-racing.com

Good luck to everyone going. Have a great time.

Mike

Thanks mike.

Well that's it I have finished work til monday will be getting ready tonight for the starparty, see you tomorrow..