• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Belper Bubble.

Perkil8r

Itchy fingers forced me to do a very quick process.....

Target was the Bubble and M52, shot at the Belper Dark Site 6th October. Decided to push my set up a bit further than I normally do.

SW Explorer 200p on EQ5, Unguided. Modded Canon 350d with CLS Clip Filter.

Best 57 subs out of 72, 90 yes 90 seconds @ 800 iso. Darks and flats to suit. Stacked in DSS, processed very quickly in PS5.

Image is 30% re-sized and at 70% Quality in order to get it posted up here. Will try processing again in the next day or two and post up hosted off site to get full quality and size.

Anyway, here it is.....

Wow Mike - that bubble has come out fantastic - and I never realised how interesting a cluster M52 is. This is getting really impressive - I'm so glad you're getting the use out of that camera - very well done mate :)

That is fantastic Mike, you really seem to of got the hang of it now, can't wait to see your future efforts!

:)

Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to process it a bit better. I'm very pleased so far though, and extremely pleased with the kit and how well it performed. The £2.80 dew heater worked an absolute treat, and I managed to push to 90 secs unguided with the sail atop the eq5, although I did have to move the van to act as a wind break :lol:

Wow - thats amazing!

It's seeing DSO images like this which sparked my interest in astronomy.

I was gonna put it off for a good while, but really need to get myself a scope, asap!

you are gonna hate me mike, I prefer 1st one, think some detail lost in red area but not sure. Ask an expert

Sheila

Okay, after wondering why some folks were saying my images were dark I have now calibrated my monitor with windows software. This is now processed with new settings and should be as I was seeing it before.

bubbleps1_zps1c5aaa1c.jpg

Nice one, the Bubble really stands out.

Its a shame M52 is in the coma zone but thats Newts for you.

Thanks. I can probably do something with that to be honest, there is a bit of star trailing in there which I could process out. I have re-done this process with a gradient removal and it is actually quite a bit better but my plan is to image this again a little later in the year so I can try and get a lot more data on it. I wasted a lot of time on this ocassion, as a result data was limited and it was quite breezy too which isn't good for a 200p on an eq5 :lol:

was quite breezy too which isn't good for a 200p on an eq5 :lol:

Yep, I know it doesn't take much breeze, I had the same set-up.