• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The nearest astro shop

Celeste

Where is the nearest astro shop to the Leics area? Lewis is getting designs on a new scope and I want to show him them before he settles on one (or two lol) If he gets to see the actual SIZE of those he's asking about...he may well change his mind :P

Who was it who was setting up a shop in the West Midlands with built in Obsy?

Don't know if they're open yet but they'd be as close to you.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Celeste,

Would check with RVO before visiting as to their stock. Last time I visited they had very low stock, in poor condition and were not particularly interested in me as a customer. That really is the complete opposite of them when I used to go to their previous shop in Killamarsh, where they also re collimated my newt after I messed it up big time!.

Have heard that they now stock more model kits than any astro stuff. STill have a decent website though :-).

Cheers

I concur with Damian, however, if you are in the market for Radio controlled toys, then this is a shop to visit.

Oh, I saw RVO on google but wasn't sure if it was the closest. Most 'astro' shops are camera shops really. I just want Lewis to see the SIZE of these things first, as he's got BIG ideas! lol. I shall phone RVO beforehand and see what they have on display, and maybe go during half term.

I concur with Damian, however, if you are in the market for Radio controlled toys, then this is a shop to visit.

Yep, that's their main focus now :(