• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rob`s Obsy build

red dwalf

been doing alittle more today, changed a few things also while the frames where in bits to square them off proberly, instead of having two windows as was original, i`m now having only one that will be looking into the warm room, also found an old picture from the guy i bought it off, here is how it originally looked.

obsy.jpg

Edited by red dwalf

• 2 weeks later...

managed to do alittle more today, put up the frames to make sure they were square on the base. they are so heavy i`m struggling to lift them on my own, managed to get the wife involved for a while to help out.

1005304f.jpg

1005303a.jpg

Edited by red dwalf

told you to give me a shout if you needed a hand

looking good

are chickens inspecting before moving in

thanks Steve but don`t worry, i`m saving you for the roof lift L.O.L.

thanks guys, been doing alittle more today on my 1 day off and the weather being reasonable, so hopefully won`t be too far off being ready to put up, still need to put together a door, i`d like something alittle sturdier than the usual garden gate type things.

Edited by red dwalf

That is looking great Rob. Plenty of room inside.

I could loan you an angle grinder to cut that lamp post down to size :D .

You need one of the world famous Ibbo tins! They work first time every time without risk of prosecution.

That will be a much quieter solution Rob :) .

You need one of the world famous Ibbo tins! They work first time every time without risk of prosecution.

On that subject. I take it this is the headlight in a tin can on end of extendable fishing pole thing-am I right? What length pole is required for a standard street light? And are the sensors just directly on top of the light? Is it legal?

Yes

As big as you can get

Yes

No

Not speaking from experience though ;)

I read ya-nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more! Lol!

Apparently shining a laser at the sensor turns them off, but you didn't hear it from me.

Apparently shining a laser at the sensor turns them off, but you didn't hear it from me.

How do you do that of the sensors are on top of the lights? Have you rigged some complex mirror system Andy? Cos I'll do it to very light around my yard, just tell me how! :D

I know someone on another forum shone the laser from his upstairs window.

The council came round to fix the light several times and couldn't figure it out.

He thought better and contacted the council who put a shield on the light for him.

looking good.probably the best investment you will make.I built mine last year and I love it.although I will point out I wish I built a warm room as it still gets chilly.I be building a warm room after crimbo.looking forward to seeing your finished astro shed

i thought about that Paul, my brother in law has just done the outside of his garage with it and it looks nice although very white,

also i had enough good cladding to do two side which is why the rest isn`t done yet.

can`t make up my mind how big to make the door width, it`s 3 foot wide at the moment but looks alittle big.