• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rob`s Obsy build

red dwalf

Today i`ve managed to finish off supplying permanent power to the obsy, with thanks to Terry from the forum, think i`m getting too old for labouring in the garden digging all day and wrestling with 20 meters of 2.5 mm armoured cable, but it`s done and now takes even less time to get going when we finally get some clear nights. cable is about a spade depth which i hope is fine although it does not look that deep on the photos, no one is going to cut through that stuff with a spade.

now need to clear out the garage.

22337353195_6e76d4c492_b.jpg

21716263923_4f754cb2c5_b.jpg

21716260263_966b307d82_b.jpg

22149603748_40f6fce374_b.jpg

Top job Rob, did mine last month. Managed 8 years of solar power only but power hungry laptops and the need for winter anticondensation measures have meant permanent mains is required

Edited by philjay

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have mains power fitted, I finally got round to fitting an alarm system to the obsy, I won't go into detail but it's nice to know I've done as much as I can to keep the obsy safe.