• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 the aftermath

cosmic dave

Hi guys I just wanted to say a big thanks to all that came to ems1 I hope you agree its was a great success ? Look forward to seeing you all again at EMS2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• Craig

• cosmic dave

Yep, a superb weekend.

Thanks to Dave for organising it, Sheila for sorting me out with camping gear (and dinner... and breakfast!) and Eddy, for sharing his pitch.

I can't wait for the next one.

Ready for my own bed tonight with hot mug of milk and a copy on nov issue of s @ n mag. Van now empty apart from two tents that need to finish drying... Anyone got any astro images from the camp to post ?

i`ve got a few of jupiter, will post later

Cool that's my most fav thing in the sky ;)

Back home only 5 1/2 hours ;) was great to meet a few if you at last. Thanks for making me welcome. Must remember to check my kit before next time. I was missing the correct t-ring for the DSLR. Thanks to Mike for the loan of his and Ron for pointing out my mistake when setting up. That's what I get for updating the handset the night before I left. ;) and thanks to all who stopped by to say hello it was good to be able to thank Baz in person for the battery and Glider for sorting me out with the missing part for my auto-focuser a while back. A very friendly club and well worth the journey

Thanks Dave for sorting this, it was a great success. Thanks to all those who said hello.

Tom, you're most welcome, shame you never really got a chance to use it, but at least we now know what you need. Glad you made it back safe Tom. I was back in ust over 2 hrs, and have had a quick power nap. 5.00am Sat morning and 4am this morning and 1 degree C are getting towards my limits I think... need to invest in better camping equipment and a fan heater I think!

Thanks again one and all, great time was had by all I think.

A great weekend, thanks to all for the friendliness and help/advice! Glad the Gib point outing went well and what a glorious night Friday!! Looking forward to EMS2. Thanks Dave for all your hard work! Glad you got home safe Tom, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Cheers

Ron

Dave I really appreciate all your work, and thanks to everyone for making EMS1 a great success.

And a special thanks to Daz for giving me and Rob a pod in Dazingham Palace.

Also a thanks to Dan for the name badges.

No worries guys I enjoyed sorting out ems1 and have plans to improve things for ems2, glad everyone seems to be home safe and thanks to all those who settled up the camp fee's at the end of the event.

What more can i say that has not been said above, thanks to everyone that attended as you are all a nice bunch. But the biggest thanks goes to Dave (Cosmic Dave) for all the time and effort i know he has put into getting it all sorted. And we were really lucky with the weather :D . Great site, great sky and saw some great things Fri and Sat night.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Cracking site, cracking company, cracking skies, tad nippy but hay go!

Oh, cracking food as well, you know who you are master chef!

Put my name down for EMS2!

Edited by Daz type-r

You show true commitment Tom travelling from so far oop North.

cheers it's nice to be the sole Scottish honorary member :) the campsite even took my money without the usual comments ;)

cheers it's nice to be the sole Scottish honorary member :) the campsite even took my money without the usual comments ;)

They'll just frame it ;):lol:

no steve, was telling them to bottoms, but mine might qualify as 2, its own grav. field you know :lol:

Sheila