• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 the aftermath

cosmic dave

Firstly, a big thanks to Dave for arranging it all. Absolutely top job.

It was great to meet the East Coast bunch, and thanks to Ron for the birding afternoon, Avocets, a Merlin, and two Short eared owls were superb.

We popped in to Tina on the way out, and left some goodies as a way of saying thanks.

The only thing that was a bit off putting were the crow cannons, but I suppose I should be used to gunfire living in Nottingham!

Thanks to all for making it a huge success.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• Craig

• cosmic dave

What a great weekend thanks Dave and to every one,Thanks also to Martyn for the lift to Gilbraltar Point , I realy felt welcome as a new member,Look for ward to meeting every one next time

Stephen

What a great weekend thanks Dave and to every one,Thanks also to Martyn for the lift to Gilbraltar Point , I realy felt welcome as a new member,Look for ward to meeting every one next time

Stephen

It was great to see you again Stephen and I'm really glad you felt welcome.

It was a pleasure seeing you again Stephen, and Iam glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for making the long trip to be with us.

Best Regards to Caroline, from Krys and myself, and we will bump into you in the near future . Have fun!

What a fantastic weekend, thank you to everyone for making it so great. Everyone helped out each other one way or the other, my expertise seems to be tent folding in the wind lol.

I've learnt lots and can drive and control Bob a bit better now, I also have a shopping list attached to him now. :unsure:

Well done from me too Dave.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a tourer caravan for next time though as packing up a wet tent in the cold Sunday morning wasn't my cup of tea lol

Anymore pictures??

There will be some more when I can be bothered to stick them on Photo Bucket and then link them in, curse you 256kb picture limit!!!!!

There will be some more when I can be bothered to stick them on Photo Bucket and then link them in, curse you 256kb picture limit!!!!!

It's people like you who kept sucking up all our disk space!!! :lol:

Guest Kheldar

Use astrobin :)

Just like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and enjoyable time that myself and Clare had on the Saturday. It was good to put faces to the names I see on the forum although knowing my memory I will have forgotten most by the time I might get to another meeting. Seeing the stars without the light pollution I get around here has really boosted my yearning to learn more about the fascinating subject.

Have recently aquired a HEQ5 pro mount and 200 Skywatcher reflector so may be pestering yoiu with questions once I get chance to have a 'play'

Hope to ee you all again soon

David.

Hi Dave

Nice to meet you at EMS. Good set up you have I am sure these folks will be able to help you with any advice

Sheila

Seeing all these pics sure makes me envious - looks like a great time was had by all - sorry I had to miss this one but we'll be at the next :)

Stupid, very, very stupid...........

extremely stupid as you are coming to my house tonight, the 2 wolves are waiting for you ;)

Sheila