• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

VDB27 area Part 1

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

This has been the most challenging image ive done to date, extremely faint week signal and poor conditons creating very complex colour gradients ive done several attempts at processing each failing....i think im there now though,

It is the first part of a two panel mosaic, the area is in Taurus and is part of a network of dark flux.

Exposure is 12hours of exposures in LRGB over two months picking the best nights to maximise the frame quality.....just got to get the next bit now!

Thanks for looking

Peter

Edited by peter shah

That is an unusual one. Very nice.

The following image locates it about 9 degrees east of the Pleiades. Bottom right corner of the image.

/>http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1011/pleiadesSky_JOhn600h.jpg

That's fantastic as usual Peter :) thanks for sharing. What made you go for this as a target?

Peter,

it's great you are posting images here.

Whilst this shot isn't my 'thing', I'm always amazed at what is actually out there.

Extremely well processed. I'm sure it's not easy getting the balance right between the dust, brighter regions and the stars.

Obviously you are working at a very different level to us newbies but it certainly inspires people like me to push on.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards.

Guest peter shah

A challenge is an understatement, I was wondering if this was more trouble than its worth, but your comments have pushed me into getting it finished. I love this dark stuff and i actually started this last year and scrapped it because it was such a difficult target (plus i had kit problems)....i found it in my atlas googled it and found very few images...so i thought it was worth a try, the next panel will show the dark dust lane extending down past a lovely bright star, i think it will finish it off nicely

Thanks again for all your comments