• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Semi-Wide Field Veil EMS1

Perkil8r

As most will by now know, Friday night was a bad night for me at EMS1 with mount issues. Sat night I decided to have another crack at the Veil but this time with the st80. Not sure what to make of this, having a bit of a mare trying to process it.

Scope st80 on eq5 unguided. Camera Modded 350d with cls clip filter.

124 X 90 sec subs @ 800 iso, stacked in DSS bad procesing in PS5.

Veilst80_zps0e15f03e.jpg

Nice colours and love all the intricate detail, Amazing what can be acheived with an st80 on an unguided mount. Superb.

Mike, you did this on Saturday night, this is almost exactly the problem I am having with mine. processing

difficult and image not what I wuld have expected. Wondering now then if it was high cloud or something

as are both having trouble. Will post mine tonight if I can and you will see what I mean

Sheila

Could be Sheila. There was a bit of cloud floating about earlier on. By the time it had cleared at 1am I had swopped to Orion which was crystal clear till around 4am. Will have a play with Fridays data later with the 200p, But I know the mount was messing that up.

I still like it Mike. I was looking at this visually with my O111 filter and it''s such a great object, you have done it justice.