• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

STAR Party Weekend March 30th-1st April - Notts

glider

Just received this.....................................................

STAR Party Weekend March 30th-1st April - Notts

At a loose end.....................

You are welcome to join us for a star-gazing weekend on March 30th-1st April.

Directions - Trentfield Farm Camping in Nottingham Nottinghamshire at http://trentfield.co.uk/directions.asp

THIS IS FOR THE WEEKEND FRI-SUN 30th March-1st April.

Please contact me at [email protected]to let me know if you are coming so we can tell site owner numbers as we already have a few caravanner's attending from a caravan club we are in .

Cost of meet £9.50 per night with electric. £8 tents ehu, also can arrive on the thursday but tell owner you are with stargazers weekend .

The rally field is grassed and level. Toilets and showers are available. Ehu, water and waste disposal on site.

We also understand fishing is available from site.

This is a great Dark site as we went in Oct and saw quite a bit.

Also a pub that sells meals close by.

There is a first 1/4 moon this weekend so if the planets/stars are not coming out to play at least we have the moon to look at.

Heres Hoping for Clear Skies

Chez/Malc

We might well be up for this if there's no clash with Kelling. Be nice to finally meet Chez and Malc - I've know them on SGL for quite some time - hope they join EMS :)

Aww theres just too much happening around that weekend for me to attend that one Im afraid, would have liked to give it a bash though, theres nowt like freezing your wotzits off in a notts field in late march :)

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

Bit late answering this one sorry - I don't think you'd know them Mick.

Chez joined SGL about two years ago and I helped her a lot with their first scope. They're keen caravanners too and she's tried to get a Lincs coast star party going one or two times now - but allways clashed with Kelling or other big SP's so didn't get much of a response.

They disappeared off the radar for several months (familly problems I think) and she's obviously back and having another go at getting folks together again - very friendly couple :)

We are free this weekend and have a campervan. :)

Are dogs allowed? We have an old one, mostly Jack Russell.

I'd be up for this one. The missus is away with the mother in law that weekend :). Hopefully by then my Hyperion zoom and RACI finder scope will have arrived :)

Guest Mally Donohoe

We are free this weekend and have a campervan. :)

Are dogs allowed? We have an old one, mostly Jack Russell.

hi cazz dogs are allowed and we will be on the rally field i am chez's (justlookingsgl) o/h

please use chez's email on first post to book for this weekend rally thanks mally

hi catman161 just email us if you still want to come to this rally

Edited by Mally Donohoe

hi cazz dogs are allowed and we will be on the rally field i am chez's (justlookingsgl) o/h

please use chez's email on first post to book for this weekend rally thanks mally

Ok, I will do, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mally Donohoe

hi guys we have one ehu pitch left but plenty of room for tents without ehu if anyone wants to come please use email on first post

heres hoping for clear skies thanks malcolm and chez (just looking) on sgl