• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

clear tonight.

cosmic dave

If it stays clear I will definitely have a go. Need to find out times etc. I think I saw something in sky at night mag detailing it though.

Lol with gusts up to 33MPH? I shall see how the wind goes this afto, would love to get out though it looks clear most of the evening/night although it's not looking good

Guest Mark Payton

Mine is chilling nicely. Its really noisy, my house backs on to a wood and the noise the wind is making through the trees is incredible.

Edited by Mark Payton

Gone very cloudy here now and the gusts have picked up a bit again.

About 25 mins ago I was centreing on Capella getting it nice as sharp when I saw a very faint white light move fairly fast from top right to middle centre. I quickly look up into that region of the sky but couldn't see anything. About half a min later the same thing happened, appearing to travel on a similar path. Any ideas what I might of saw? Perhaps just 2 very distant planes, or possibly satellites? My Scopes a Skymax 127.

It's most likely to be space junk, small satellites, or even small metorites.

I used to see loads of these through my 16".

BAH clouds :angry: getting fed up of it now :unsure: get set up....go to look at something but the clouds say 'NAH your not' ARGHHHH. Was trying the CCD again but that wouldn't work right either so I gave up.