• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Damn it!

catman161

Well I was having a good time looking at Orion,Jupiter and the Plieades before the cloud came in :(

I just love Orion, especially the trapezium in M42. I always remember my first view of all six stars through my dob, it just knocked my socks off.

I was just looking through the celestron skymasters on a tripod-still looks great and very enjoyable. I can't stop looking at Plieades (? spelling error) I really like that one-I can't even tell you why it's just fantastic.

I really cannot wait until My SW 200p arrives and I can start looking at some more nebulae.

The m42 through your new 200p will blow you away. Make sure you put a widefield eyepiece in the focuser and get the whole of the nebula in.

I can't see Orion until later in the night as it needs to rise above the house :( It's a lovely object too

I've got similar problems trying to view Venus when I get home from work around 17.30 (i suppose most of us are in same boat with it being so low). I'm dying to see it through a scope for the first time.

I'm dying to see anythin through a scope! Lol :) I will let you all know when my 200p arrives ;)

Still windy as hell here, which is really annoying as the sky is clear, just not that many stars visable due to ther moon, can make out Orion, also the Plough but other than Jupiter, Sirius and a few others, not much to look at, if it isn't cloud, it's wind, if it's not wind, it's the moon - can't win!! :(

Cleared up nicely here just been looking at M42,Jupiter and Orion. Time to call it a night. Up at 5:15 again. TGIF!

And the moon of course-I really enjoy looking at that too. Also Pleiades-that looked nice just now. :)

You're getting well into the swing of it now Felix - you'll know exactly where to point the scope when it arrives (probably tomorrow morning).

Exciting eh! :)

Oh I wouldn't say that Kim I only know those ones cos you helped me and I have been looking at stellarium everyday since!

It's not arriving until mon/tues as the guy from FLO phoned me to say they didn't have it in stock but the supplier would despatch direct. However they are not restarting despatch until tomorrow/Monday as they are in process of end of year stock take. So gotta wait a few more days yet! I am definitely excited. I cannot wait to look at M42 and Pleiades with it.

Do you think I will be able to get a good view of M44 with the scope?

I love looking at the moon... I could look at it for hours. :)

if you get the chance to view it through some binoviewers, grab it. it`s a stunning sight, looks almost 3D in effect.

Thanks guys I will look forward to that opportunity and grab it if it arrives. I don't have any bino viewers and despite the (relatively calm) response to the announcement to the other half of my recent purchase,I don't think I'll push it by forking out for a pair just yet :)