• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

big brother

cosmic dave

I see celeb big brother on channel 5 is full of none celebs again,its awful watching.

Guest BigTfromNotts

How TV Producers have the nerve to call these programmes 'Reality' TV, I do not know. The situations they represent are far from real. How many people do you know that have been locked up in a house for around a month, with a dozen or so complete strangers, being dictated to by some voice, whilst performing party tricks to earn food?

Reality TV? More like diabolical TV.

Rant over

It is this sort of programming that is just getting too much too often and things like the Brian Cox lecture once in a blue moon that makes me want to rant like I've never ranted before :(

"How many people do you know that have been locked up in a house for around a month, with a dozen or so complete strangers, being dictated to by some voice, whilst performing party tricks to earn food?" ...........................LOL. Reminds me of a company bonding and team building course I once went on.

BB is good when they get the right mix of people on together.

I would imagine it's cheap to produce and with the branding it had from Channel four, brings in the ratings, and then the advertising fee's.

Good programs are pretty much annual events while this and other drivel is on all the time.

Is that why we are all on here?

Wish I could get on one of those shows then become a third rate celebrity. Jade Goody made a million in her first year after BB. I'd be straight down the RC Astrograph shop and the Plane Wave shop, and then over to the Obsy shop - I'd even employ a proper astronomer to show me how to use it all lol :)

How many people do you know that have been locked up in a house for around a month, with a dozen or so complete strangers, being dictated to by some voice, whilst performing party tricks to earn food?

I know one ;)

I agree with Kim....if I got millions from a crappy tv show i'd buy an obsy set up and pay someone to do the work for me lol... :lol: