• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Heart

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

IC1805 The Heart , i managed to grab this one before the moon showed its face, and no fireworks last night either :-o. Exposures were 5x1200s in Red, 4x840s in green and 5x1060s in blue.

thanks for looking

Peter

Guest peter shah

Thanks it was a last min thing, i wasnt sure if i was going grab enough before the moon or fireworks....it turned out ok in the end

here is a full res crop

Stunning!

How do you know what exposure lenghths to go for, for each RGBL channel? Is it just trial and error over years of experiance?

Guest peter shah

thanks everyone.

daz/sheila, the exposure is basically as long as i can, ive tweaked my polar alignment and have managed to double my exposure lengths....the difference in exposure times in each channel is my g2v exposure weights, which is basically a white balance for my camera, filter and scope combo....the scope is calibrated on a G2V type star that has a similar spectrum to the Sun, which is white light. This type of calibration makes colour balancing much easier.

Another triumph Peter - you're in danger of being asked to come and give us a talk on imaging lol - Stunning heart :)

As always Peter absolutely mind boggling! Amazing image! Thanks so much for sharing :) I would attend a talk by you in a "heart"beat ;)

...............I'll get my coat lol!

As always Peter absolutely mind boggling! Amazing image! Thanks so much for sharing :) I would attend a talk by you in a "heart"beat ;)

...............I'll get my coat lol!

Ohh dear......... :facepalm: