• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

dew heaters

cosmic dave

Mark, Paul, Ron, do any of you use a dew heater ? Mark how are you finding that 150mm frac is it dewing ? Any advice will be great.

hi Dave.I don't use dew heaters I give mine blast with hair dryer every so often.but I'm definitely gonna invest in some dew heaters.hair dryer to noisy and I can't switch it on early hrs of morning.it all boils down to money :-/

Got a 2 channel dew heater on the 200PDS in the obsy, one on the finder scope and one on the ep. But last night the dew nearly beat me!!

Ron

Hi David I use dew heaters and find them very good

Stephen

Thanks stephen I will be investing soon..

My refractor has dewed up on a couple of occasions, though as you said Dave, due to the lense being so high off the ground with the use of the tripod extension, it usually takes a long time before dew is a problem. At least that has been my experience. I think i will see how i get on with it on the colder nights.