• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another record broke....

Doc

I do not bother with sgl now much, its nice to have a proper astronomy forum for people all living in the same area (well sort of) a guy from Lincolnshire is going to have far more in common with a guy from Notts than someone down in Cornwall, I think that's the great strength of EMS...

I have a lot in common with someone in Cornwall - we both have the same parents lol :)

Come to think of it I've got a sister in Canada as well lol.

Good to see it grow and develope but I hope it retains it's humour, which for me is very important.

Ditto. :)

Some forums are cold though, if you put a comma or spell something wrong someone will pick you up on the matter. To me our love for Astronomy should be the main aim AND have a laugh with each other doing so.

I think everyone would agree with you, having a bit of banter lightens peoples mood, and after a hard day at work, a cup of tea then a look at EMS is just the ticket.

I joined an American forum with over 30,000 members, and four said welcome, somehow didn't make me feel it. Also if you don't have a degree in Astrophysics, no one takes any notice other than the trolls.

• 2 weeks later...
Members Online Today: 50

Most members ever online in one day was 50, last accomplished on 24 Jan 2012.

The following members have visited today:

altair, Andromeda1, andyboy1970, AstronomyShed, astrosharp, BAZ Senior, BigTfromNotts, Bozbronx, Brantuk, Bryndalf, catman161, Celeste, CodnorPaul, cosmic dave, Craig, damnuut, Dark_Matters, Darrian, DaveJW, David Pugh, david_simons40, Daz type-r, Dex55, Doc, Eddy_J1, Fluke, frogdr1ver, G0JVK, glider, halo1234, Ibbo, Jay Hartwell, Katiem, Kheldar, Mark Payton, mick smith, monmouth3817, MrsR, muttsnutts, oldfruit, PaulG, phil wright, philjay, reach4thestars, red dwalf, Ron Clarke, Rusty Strings, shure, swilkipsreeme, wisewoman

Chuffed to bits! :D