• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A GUIDE TO THE NIGHT SKY - Q&A, AND FEEDBACK.

BAZ

This is where you can ask questions and have your say on anything in the Guide To The Night Sky.

If there is a topic you would like covered, or an object of interest you would like to find then this is the place to suggest it.

For finding things to observe, I will be using the Sky and Telescope pocket Star Atlas, this is because it is affordable and is probably one of the most used Atlases.

Guest CodnorPaul

looks like this could be a winner for a new boy like myself - will be keeping an eye on it to start to learn from your invaluable knowledge - thank you!

Cheers guy's.

If you want further bed time reading, I can also recommend "The Illustrated Guide To Astronomical Wonders".

A bit of a cheesy title, but a great book with around five hundred pages. It has what I thought were poor illustrations in view of it's title, but they are a realistic picture of what you are likely to see through a scope..

It covers hundreds of objects down to some really faint and obscure stuff, so should keep you busy for a while.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-Guide-Astronomical-Wonders-Observer/dp/0596526857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325962618&sr=8-1