• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Work in progress LDN1622

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

My day time job has really been getting in the way of my imaging lately and ive not been able to get on the forums as much a i want to, but i suppose ive got to pay the bills some how!......

Anyhoo..Ive been wanting to bag this one for a bout 4 years , but with the weather and other things going on....you know how it is.....anyway ive made a start and im getting quite exhited about this image.

2 hours in H-alpha and 2 frames in blue and red, still no green so ive synthesized it for now until i gett the next batch of RGB data...whenever that will be.

So i just thought id show you how its coming along

thanks for looking

Peter :th:

Edited by peter shah

Very nice Peter.

I'm dipping my toe into the world of Ha soon having bought a clip in for the Canon. I bought the 'cheaper' 12nm as I didn't believe the 6nm filter, at twice the price, was twice as good/productive on a DSLR.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards.

Guest peter shah

thanks,

...paul the 12nm ha filter is good enough, mine is 10nm

Pat the mono shot is actually all the frames comined, i was testing to see how deep they were and to see how they effected the contrast, adding all the channels helped with reducing the noise

That is stunning..... I never cease to be amazed by what is up there to see. None of it looks "real" and it all looks like Sci-Fi if you know what I mean. Very nice capture.

May I ask what happens when you put Ha filter in a OSC? do you get a different hue, or do you use it as a mono channel?

Cant wait to see the finished result - judging by our "marvellous" British weather, I may be waiting a while - :)