• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bluetooth adaptor mod for HEQ5-Pro

Hi All

Iv just built a new bluetooth adaptor from my HEQ5-pro (will work with the 6 as well) works out very small will fit in a project box 2" x 1" by 3/4" deep all dimensions in inchs and all for less than £20 including laptop dongle..I will be putting up a list of items and the circuit up shortly

i look forward to it Andy cheers, maybe you could do a picture by picture blow of how to build it up, i`d be very interested in having a go, got lots of time on my hands at the moment as work has dropped off alot at the airport so i`m bored to tears at home and there`s only so many times you an clean the telescope L.O.L

cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

Will do Have sorted out another set of parts so will get them photographed as they go together.. Will also include a parts list and place to buy the bits from..

Andy

Hi

Im using EQmod at moment There is a large discussion on the EQmod site about tablet control of the mount but so far with them using android Its that they can use it via a VNC type program where you actually control anther pc which is controlling the mount in the first place. I also use a small Dell X30 PDA and Astromist which is a free program Like a very small stellerium) and im playing with the BT connection at the moment But this is in Windows CE

Guest Bryndalf

ahh, I have RDP software on the pad that could control a laptop. There is a wifi device that lets you use an iPad as a controller but its £150, Ive got the software (Sky Safari) and thats very good using the motion control to identify everything. maybe Santas watching this thread :rolleyes:

Look for something called VNC i would think they do it for the android as they do it for apple Linux and windows plus windows CE. it enables control across the different platforms so say a Linux m/c with VNC s/w once connected to a windows laptop. What comes up on the Linux screen is the windows screen so you are then using windows if you get what I mean. because you are controlling the secondary m/c so there using that m/c's platform