• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Light Optics

catman161

Hi guys,

Does anybody know which courier service FLO tend to use e.g. Parcel force,UPS,DHL etc?

Thanks

Felix

No idea I'm afraid but I have never had an issue, my equipment has arrived really fast.

They've sent me a few items via Fedex - they might use other couriers as well. I'm surprised it didn't come before the weekend - they probably have a lot of orders to process. You can allways drop them an email or phone to check - but have no worry - it will turn up and soon :)

Thanks Darren,

Is not an issue with speed of delivery that I was asking for. It is just my 200p should arrive between Monday-Wednesday and I will not be in and live in a, errm how do I put this, less than salubrious area :). So I am not happy for it to be left with anyone on my street. I have checked with my local post office and they said if it is parcelforce they are happy to sign for it.

Thanks for your response :)

Fedex will try to deliver it a couple of times and after a week I think they send it back to FLO. But they drop a card with the local depot address where you can pick it up in the evening till 6 or 7pm - the Leicester one is up at Meridian Park straight up the Narborough Road :)

if it`s a skywatcher it may come stright from OVL, the importers directly, alot of companys don`t allways stock big items and therefore have them delivered stright from the OVL warehouse, saves time, storage, and extra delivery charges.

i maybe 100% wrong as i too have had no problems with FLO, and they might have them stocked ready for shipment.

Just pulled this from FLO's website.....

If your order is sent by Courier they will attempt delivery twice. If after five days you have not contacted them to arrange delivery after the first two attempts the goods will be returned to us.

Thanks guys. Yeah I spoke with a guy from FLO (he phoned me 20 mins after I ordered it!) last week and he said that they were not in stock so would have it sent direct from manufacturers to save time. He warned me it may be up to Wednesday next week as they were currently in the middle of the end of year stock take.

Kim-thanks for that info. I am very close to meridian business park so I hope it is FedEx!

Thanks to all for your input :). Man I cannot wait!!

FLO have sent me things out here on three occasions with no hassle via Fedex. You would expect a smart Fedex truck to appear but WRONG the guy out here uses a clapped out Fiat Panda. :D