• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stargazing Live Events

catman161

I've just ordered tickets for the event at Leics Space Centre. I'm going with my boss and family but hope to meet up and say hi to anyone whose going from here :)

Edited by Fluke

From the DDAS website;

The Derby & District Astronomical Society will be bringing a number of telescopes and a display to the Stargazing Live Star Party being held by the Alvaston Park Friends at Alvaston Park, Derby on Wednesday, 18th January from 5pm to 9pm. The party will also feature a Starchaser Skybolt rocket, projections of images from John Flamsteed's Atlas Coelestis, hands on science activities, and astronomy themed crafts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activity/star-party-04/occurrence/53067

i might be up for that Craig if i can change a few shifts round at work, i`ll let you know

I may be up for that too

Up for this? :)

I'll be going regardless and I'll also be going to Wollaton Park (expecting to see nothing because of all the white lights!).

can`t make the wednesday Graig as i`m now working lates, but what day/night is the Wollaton event on ? was that Tuesday ?

Yes, the Tuesday. Up for that?

I have no car on Tuesday so my plan is to get a bus/taxi unless somebody else goes, in which case I will be begging for a lift! :lol:

yes can do Tuesday, what time ? do you want to come rounbd here and then we could go from my house to the park in my motor, or meet there ?

I'll let you know.

It depends if I have a car or not (likely not) that night, as it's the girlfriend's college night.

My Dad may be able to go if it's a Tuesday so I am gonna drop him a text.

we could do with meeting somewhere,

anyone else going ?

Edited by red dwalf

Guest wisewoman

Theres also an event this Thursday in Loughborough at Garendon high School:

/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activity/an-evening-of-astronomy-and-stargazing/occurrence/56227

Melissa

we could do with meeting somewhere,

anyone else going ?

Still trying to sort transport here.

Not really, but if I go down the A610 Awsworth is kinda on the way....

Is that the way you're going? :P