• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M45 10th Dec

philjay

1st DSO image with the DSLR for about 8 months or so. I set this running whilst bagging doubles with my F15. Was meant to be 2 hours worth at iso 800 but went to check subs after 2 hours and the dew had fogged about 45 minutes worth, I hadnt turned my dew heaters up to cope with the soggy night, ahh well thats the fun of imaging.

4 minute 800 subs stacked etc in Images Plus and sort of processed in PS, canon 1000d modded, FLT98, WO FR4

Theres tons wrong with it but it looks sort of pretty and Im happy to get a picture out for a change

Super image. It's not an easy target, I had a go a while back but it didn't turn out so well. Very nicely done indeed :)

Absolutely beautiful-whatever you are seeing wrong with it I am definitely not! Fantastic image. I love M45 :)