• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IC405, Flaming Star, 10/12/12

glider

First time out since EMS1 last night.  Had a go at the Flaming Star.

ED80/Modified Canon 1000D on HEQ5 Synscan guided with ST80/QHY5/PHD on dual bar.

8 off 10min subs, stacked in DSS then processed in CS3.  Basic Levels and Curves and some noise reduction in Noels Actions.

IC405-1-101212-3-P.jpg

Hopefully I'll get more time on this.

I have the LCD display on the camera off and don't use Liveview to simulate mirror lockup, I'm using APT for camera control.  I've never seen amp glow on the 1000D.

I have the LCD display on the camera off and don't use Liveview to simulate mirror lockup, I'm using APT for camera control.  I've never seen amp glow on the 1000D.

Thats interesting.

Wish I could say the same for my poor old 350 D :(

Same here but light pollution usually finish off any chance of going over 5 minutes.