• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

KELLING AUTUMN 2012 Please read

Doc

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brantuk

• Doc

• red dwalf

• Celeste

Top Posters In This Topic

The static caravans can be a problem when they leave a light on, but we just send Baz over there to deal with it.

The general public are pretty understanding it's the idi0ts who drive on to the site with their full beams on.

Guest Kheldar

The general public are pretty understanding it's the idi0ts who drive on to the site with their full beams on.

Or the idiots that drink too much/get food poisoning and demand an ambulance be brought on site ...

Edited by Kheldar

Or the idiots that drink too much/get food poisoning and demand an ambulance be brought on site ...

Seriously?! blimey.

Yeah - the poor girl collapsed and couldn't stop wretching after she'd thrown everything up from her stomache. An unfortunate incident down to bbq cooking and/or allergy I think. Felt quite sorry for her cos they had to carry her into the ambulance. Her colleagues were very worried about her.

• 1 month later...

any numbers still available chaps, otherwise i might just book one just next to you guys if thats ok :)

Ask Kim as he has the most up to date list but I think 238 and 240 is still available but check first.

240 - Oshb5

239 - Kh3ldar

237 - Cgolder

229 - PhilJ

228 - David Pugh

227 - Glider

226 - Doc

225 - Baz Senior

224 - Rusty Strings

223 - Damnut

222 - geeznova

218 - Celeste

Hi Colin

All pitches are gone and paid for including 238/240 - we were just trying to identify who had what pitch - but those two haven't identifed themselves yet. One of them might be Andy (Oshb) - the other I've no idea - hopefully they'll step up soon.

Might be best if you can get one nearby as you suggest :)

Thanks Andy - just let me know soon as you're sure and we'll sell it for you if you like mate :)

• 3 months later...

Ive decided to take only one scope this year so will have room in the car for my cheapo B&Q gazeebo

I can bring it along so we can have a covered communal area/beer tent if you wish.

Phil

Guest Kheldar

Ive decided to take only one scope this year so will have room in the car for my cheapo B&Q gazeebo

I can bring it along so we can have a covered communal area/beer tent if you wish.

Phil

Sounds good, I'll leave my canopy at home then : between your gazeebo and Kims awning we should have plenty of room :)

Which scope you bringing?

I have a pop up 3m x 3m gazebo. It's about 1'x1'x5' long in a bag if that would be of any use.

It's not a cheap one and can be pegged down.

Let me know if it's any good.

• 1 month later...

We could be interested in going also. The site say they have space, but not sure if it's with EMS or not, we'll try.