• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Just found this

cosmic dave

I have just found this it is from the louth leader newspaper,

East Lincolnshire Astronomy Club to view Lyrids meteor shower

Published: 17 April 2012

THE recently formed East Lincolnshire Astronomy Club (ELAC), which meets at Gibraltar Point nature reserve, has organised an open evening.

It is on Saturday, April 21 from 8pm, the night of the Lyrids meteor shower.

The club’s David Wiggs said: “We have official permission to use the reserve from the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust and find it is an excellent dark sky site to use for astronomical observations.â€

If it is a clear evening they expect to see the International Space Station pass over, Saturn, Mars and Venus and 18 to 90 meteors per hour later.

This meeting is open to anyone with an interest in the night sky from experienced stargazers to complete beginners.

There is no charge to attend although the wildlife trust do ask that people pay at least £1 to park at the reserve.

All attendees need to take with them are a pair of binoculars and a sun-lounger for comfort. There will be several large telescopes set up to use.

The club meets in the visitor centre car park at Gibraltar Point. If it is cloudy they meet at the Vine Hotel, Vine Street, Skegness.

l Details: Email [email protected]

Lol I didn't know they had printed this (if they did?), I am going to start using the local papers to promote elac again I stopped because I never got any feedback from them. I got a good feeling for 2013, think its the year we really take off..

I hope 2013 is a great success for ELAC, as you really deserve it.

I'm doubling my efforts next year Mick. We are already getting plenty of followers within the twitter astronomical world. I want the whole uk astronimcal world to have heard of us by 2014 !!! (Well I'm going to give it my best shot anyway)