• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS at Stargazing Live 2013... please read.

Perkil8r

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• philjay

Guest Kheldar
Has Stephen said he is going or have you added him just because Sheila is going?????

;)

Sheila wanted someone to hold her hand, and as you never show, who am I to refuse ;)

On a serious note, if we do go and set up a "stall" with regards to promoting EMS, do we have any fliers, paper work etc or is it all word of mouth?

It's not so much a stall type thing as setting up scopes and showing folks stuff. Obviously trying to promote EMS is another objective. Maybe we should try and get some fliers knocked up. I'm happy to design them etc, printing might be an issue for me though as I'm not sure how much toner I have left. I don't think we'd want too many though, but then they can always be used at other events I guess...

Great stuff Phil, never too late until 9th Jan ;)

Revised List:

Mike - ooh, that's me :D

Craig,

Sheila,

Stephen,

Daz - TBC

Phil.

Awesome! That will be superb! I've emailed them with a rough list with Daz as a probable but not confirmed. I have asked to make sure we would be okay to hand out flyers, I don't see them saying no, but I thought it only polite to check first :)

Any thoughts on flyers?

We have a go, the mother in law is looking after my son, the scope is being delivered to the venue, it looks like I'm a go!

Just trying to leave work an hour early now.

We now have a confirmed 6 members including myself. Having spoken to the school there is no problem with handing out flyers, infact they are quite supportive to the idea of getting like minded people together :)

I have designed the flyer and it is kindly being printed by Sheila.

We can set up from 5pm onwards.

Hayley Flood from the school passes on Christmas Greetings to all at EMS.

I will see if I can get off early and come and join you.

I'll bring a scope and my big bins if I can. 

I'll know better tomorrow as we are still working, and can ask to get away early. I'll let you know Mike.

That would be great Martyn. The school are quite excited about us joining them for the event, and I think it will be great for both parties concerned.

i like to give my support Mike,

i`m certain i`m working nights on the day /night in question but i`ll do my best to try for a swap

Hello. Bit late to this thread, but I would be interested in coming along with my scope.

Do you have a post code for the school so I can get it on maps.

Also do you know what time it's going on untill please?

Good point....

Postcode is NG10 3NP. The enterance is off Thorsby rd. There is a pedestrian enterance off Myrtle Ave but not for vehicles s it used to be before they rebuilt the school.

It starts at 6pm but there is no finish time as such as it will go on longer if clear than if cloudy I expect. I wouldn't think it will carry on past 10pm though at the latest. There's nothing to stop anybody leaving early though so don't let that put you off in any way. They re trying to organise some security for if we end up leaving kit set up outdoors so everything will be safe.

Speaking to my brother in law today, they have been making red covers for the outside lights too as they can't be turned off.

I'll await confirmation from those who wish to "help out" before I pass more info on to the school. On the topic of CRB's which was mentioned in the shoutbox, as long as it is after 3pm when the general students have left there is no requirement. This hs been confirmed by the school who have checked it out just to be on the ultra safe side.

Anybody who just wants to go along to look, please feel free! The talk should be very good and worth listening to. If interested in attending for that please email the school so they can choose the appropriate sized room for it and put you down for a seat. Details of all events over the period are posted here in the first post as too is a link to the school observatory website. They have at least one newcomer with a scope who intends bringing it along for help in setting it up, let's make it a good night :)

Ok I'm in for this. Not sure how long I'll be staying for. May have to leave quite early though.

What time will people get there to set up our scopes? (for those who are bringing them?)

Great stuff!

Setting up will be from 5pm although there is no fixed time as such, so arrive as and when after then. I'll likely be there from before then so I can get stuff organised, not that there's much to organise, but you know what I mean.