• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS at Stargazing Live 2013... please read.

Perkil8r

Will do Mike, weather ain't looking too good, typical stargazing event, never mind, should be a good night, have you got the fliers or is Sheila bringing them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• philjay

Will do Mike, weather ain't looking too good, typical stargazing event, never mind, should be a good night, have you got the fliers or is Sheila bringing them.

already sorted Daz :)

Sheila

Nice one Mike, I will bring the lap top, then we can have have EMS/Stellarium running, can wifi it to my IPhone so we can have have "live" EMS - hopefully Noel and his ladyboys conversation will not make an apperance!

:)

little concerned about live EMS feed, we canot control who posts stuff......

thinking bout the post like the one on dogging at Gibraltar point and the obvious lady boys in shoutbox????

Sure this is a good idea?

Sheila

little concerned about live EMS feed, we canot control who posts stuff......

thinking bout the post like the one on dogging at Gibraltar point and the obvious lady boys in shoutbox????

Sure this is a good idea?

Sheila

I did wonder that myself, was going to bring the laptop for Stellarium, we could just have that going instead. It was just a thought.

I did wonder that myself, was going to bring the laptop for Stellarium, we could just have that going instead. It was just a thought.

up to the powers that be, maybe a mod should make the decision???

Above my pay grade  LOL

Sheila

Will bring it anyway then we can choose on the night, keeps our options open then!

;)

TBH I would stick with Stellarium and other such programs. I'll run a slideshow of mine and other members images too. Just to give an idea of what the average user can achieve rather than the images we all love from NASA.

I think the fliers will do the job of promoting the forum (along with ourselves obviously) I don't think we need to show them the forum live really, it's not likely to be anything they haven't seen before, I'm sure they've all been on forums in the past already.

Edited by Perkil8r

Good point, sounds like a plan!

Looking forward to this and I finish work at 16:15, result!

Guest Tweedledum

Last year for the Belper stargazing live meet I made up some dvd's & cd's  that contained  stellarium, the manual and  a short tutorial.

May be worth you taking some this year.

I think we ought to just stick with the stellarium and not risk a live ems feed. The flyers and our presence will be sufficient advertisement for ems I reckon. Personally i reckon there will be that much going on there wont be any time for pc demos

The "dogging" one was actually a legit news item from yesterdays main BBC News website - it was posted as a caution for anyone from EMS who uses the site for astronomy but doesn't want their number plate associated with another "hobby" stored on a database at the local cop shop. :)

The "dogging" one was actually a legit news item from yesterdays main BBC News website - it was posted as a caution for anyone from EMS who uses the site for astronomy but doesn't want their number plate associated with another "hobby" stored on a database at the local cop shop. :)

i did realise that but being a schoo, i just thought we should be a bit careful Kim :)

Sheila

Yep, Im taking the scope only with no ground support such as table, stool, red lights etc

Unfortunately ALL my stuff is in the back of Sheila's van!!!

Unless she has sold it all on ABS!

Edited by Daz Type-R

Unless she has sold it all on ABS!

I wondered why she had so many ads live all at once?

I will not be there, too much work to do and too little time to do it all in.

I'd just like to thank all who turned out for tonight's event. I know the weather was against us, but in saying that, the turnout wasn't as bad as I had feared. We had a good showing of scopes, and I think we managed to recruit a few new members :)

Thanks again.

I really enjoyed it, the talk was very good.

I feel Krys managed to give everyone a flyer, and some might not find them until they get home!

Thanks for the invite Mike.

It was a good night, I think the weather put a few people off but we may have some new recruites.

i enjoyed it, nice to get out with the scope if only top show it off and meet up with the EMS crowd.

lets face it, it was always going to be cloudy or raining, always the same when theres a do on.

Great work guys and a huge thank you to Mike for taking the time and effort to arrange it.

Thanks Craig, but it took no time or effort, it was a pleasure. Hopefully it may lead to further partnerships in the future.