• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stargazing Live 2013 Isaac Newton Primary School

cosmic dave

As I'm sure you all know by now BBC Stargazing Live is returning early next year.

I had an email last Friday inviting ELAC and EMS (or both if you see what i mean) to a Stargazing Live event to be held at the Isaac Newton Primary school in Grantham on Friday January 11th 6.30 - 9.30 pm

The Melton and district and Nottingham astronomical societies will all be at the event as well as local based  Grantham astronomers.

Please bring your scopes with you to set up outside if clear.

This should be a busy stargazing live event, last year almost 300 attended.

Let me know if you fancy it and I will advise the organisers,

This is a great opportunity to promote astronomy and also elac/ems,  I will  certainly be attending.

David

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• oldfruit

• tbird

It's local for me Dave, I'm interested!!

Great Ron, Im going and I think Mark is interested also, Friday night so no work the next day it could be a late one ??

cool, dont think it will get us any members Ron (but you never know) but it will help to put us on the astronomical map locally

Ha Ha Ha I have just won tickets for the bbc stargazing live event at Cambridge uni !

Lol Dave - that's cool :)

I'm mentioning this in all the event threads : It might be an idea to note the kind of exhibits and activites they do. We may be able to incorporate them (or variations of them) when we finally get our own gig together. :)

I hope someone brings a Newtonian reflector to the Isaac Newton School!!

I'll bring my 6" RC and Meg 72+ eps etc...

Cheers

Ron

I hope someone brings a Newtonian reflector to the Isaac Newton School!!

I'll bring my 6" RC and Meg 72+ eps etc...

Cheers

Ron

I will bring my newt and refractor Ron.

Only a week next Friday away! What time are setting up and if it's cloudy are we setting up inside for a 'display'?

Email sent, I will let everyone know what's happening as soon as they get back to me.

Got a reply back this morning re the stargazing live event we are going to,

Hi David

thats brilliant thanks.The event is at the Isaac Newton Primary School on Dysart Road Grantham.It starts at 6:30pm until 9:30pm on Friday 11 January.

We can start setting up at 3pm on the sports field and cars can be put on the field to allow setting up and down plus its security for peoples kit.

If the weather is going to be bad then we will cancel.Reasonable broken cloud then it will be a go,but about 48 hrs near the time we can decide.We could even just set up in the hall with the displays if the weather is cloudy.

But i will leave you my number and i will email all parties  as to the situation.

My number is

##########

Happy new year to you.

Best wishes

Jonathan

Does everyone know where the school is? I can give you directions on here if you need them?? The school is behind my late Grandma's house where I played as a kid, so I know the area well!!

Cheers

ron

An unfortunate turn of events mean i will probably be unable to attend this meeting. My wife will be starting a new job on Monday and it is a back shift, 1600- midnight Monday to Friday which means i need to look after my children.

As you guys know, i have attended every meet we have ever had so i will be sorely disappointed to miss out on this one.