• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

It's arriving!

catman161

Just found out from FLO that my skywatcher 200p Dob will be arriving tomorrow!!!! M42 here I come!

Right now to try and work out a way of controlling the weather! If only storm (from x-men) was a real person..............and I knew her :). Ha ha ha lol!

Felix

Guest David Pugh

You might be lucky Thursday night, looks like they predicting clear skys. But they seem to be getting wrong quite a lot recently.

It's a great feeling getting new kit, hope it all goes well putting it together.

Thanks doc :) I hope so too!

Thanks Baz, appreciate it :). Check this out for a development-I got home and there in my doormat was a FedEx delivery card!! So jumped back in the car and the depot said "sorry mate,you've beaten the driver back.He won't get here 'til about half seven" Agggghhhggh!!!

I'm going to the Leicester Astronomy Society meeting at half seven!!!! Oh well, it's cloudy anyway. I know where I am going straight after the meeting though!!!

Felix

Thanks Dex. Hopefully tonight Dan-am gonna go pick it up after the meeting and then stay up and put it together and if it's cleared up by then maybe have a little peek and see what I can see!

Just to 2nd Baz's comment, you are more than welcome to pop over if you wish one night, just to see what mods you may want to do in the future to your 200P, and what they look like / how they perform etc.

Well Felix? How big are those boxes then? lol

Don't blame you for shooting off after the meeting. What did your missus say when she saw it? hehehe :)

The boxes are huge Kim! But they are now empty! As I have put it together!

Missus lives in stoke on Trent during the week til the end of January! So just me and my Dob during the week for a couple more weeks yet :).

The scope is a thing of beauty. I will try and attach a pic of it to this post but haven't done that before so will not hold my breath!

Will give you a ring tomoro and you can come have a look and I shall gladly take you up on your offer of helping me collimate it as,even after reading about it I still don't know where to start! :)

I enjoyed the meeting tonight. I will hang around after the next one an introduce myself to a few more people. I just couldn't help myself tonight I had to go and pick it up-sorry!

Felix

The other half lives in stoke on Trent during the week,so I can keep the scope in her half of the bed until Friday!

Ha ha!Of course I didn't actually have it in bed.....although I was tempted ;)

Felix

Thanks Phil.Nope I am breaking the new equipment jinx! I think it will be clear skies on Thursday and Friday but also be very cold!!

Ha ha that's what BBC weather predict actually! Apparently it's gonna be minus 2 as a low on Friday night so the skies must be clear for it to get that cold! Wrap up warm everyone!

Felix

I'm not a born pessimist but I've been waiting for a couple of months for some decent clear skies and when they are clear I'm working away lol.

Nice scope Felix.

Thanks David,am just hoping for clear skies tomorrow as it like looking at soup right now!