• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dark Site Subs

Craig

If you paid your dark site subs via the forum and they come up for renewal in future, we will no longer auto-renew them.

If you wish to renew your dark site membership you will need to do this manually using the Subscriptions link at the top of the forum.

This will prevent any auto-renewals taking place where, perhaps, you may have forgotten it is active. :)

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Sorry Craig, just so I have it clear in my head. Even if we have it in our PayPal that it will auto renew, we still need to renew anyway?

Sorry Craig, just so I have it clear in my head. Even if we have it in our PayPal that it will auto renew, we still need to renew anyway?

We've set up a new PayPal account for the renewals and we're cancelling the auto-renewals on the old account. This is part of the process of handing over treasurer duties from Noel to Kim.

I'm not sure if PayPal will e-mail you as they are cancelled or not (having never had one cancelled myself).

All it means is that once it expires you will lose "Dark Site Member" status unless you manually renew. You will, of course, be able to verify that no renewal has been taken by checking your PayPal account. :)

Wait until it does expire, for your own peace of mind. :)

Nothing is lost by allowing the current one to expire.

What about people who paid cash, I know I paid Noel sometime in January but can't remember when, will we get a reminder? Think I will use the subscriptions feature in the future.

If there's any problem with using the link you can always pay me cash at a meeting Darren. We'll ensure you have continuity - we don't put bouncers on the gate for people who didn't sub up yet lol :)

What about people who paid cash, I know I paid Noel sometime in January but can't remember when, will we get a reminder? Think I will use the subscriptions feature in the future.

If you paid cash I assume Kim will give you a nudge when it's due. :)

we don't put bouncers on the gate for people who didn't sub up yet lol :)

They're being hired next month! :lol:

Guest BigTfromNotts

I also paid mine in cash at one of the Belper meets.  Think it may have been last Jan, not sure though.  Can't be long before renewal date is here.

I just got an email off PayPal saying that my automatic payment was cancelled.

Will you be able to implement something so that EMS sends me an email when I need to renew?

If you use the subscriptions module then it will e-mail you when the package is about to expire. :)