• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Power supply query

catman161

Hi guys, does anybody know which power supply cable ending in a male cigarette lighter socket is needed for the skywatcher supatrak alt Az mount?

I assume it is the regular skywatcher cable that I've found on astronomiser. I just don't wanna recommend it to my dad if its wrong!

Thanks

Micks right Felix, i had the 130p supatrak, great little scope.

the battery pack that comes with it doesn`t last that long so i bought a mains adapter for it, maplins sell them, mains plug one end that ends with a female cigar adapter at the other.

Edited by red dwalf

Cool thanks Rob. It's just my dad needs quite a lot of help when it comes to his astro gear an didn't want to recommend the wrong one.

• 2 weeks later...

He is going to join. He lives in Devon though but he is gonna be an honorary East Midlands Stargazer :)

North Devon is my favourite place in the world.

I'd love to catch the Milky Way dropping to the horizon from the high land above Woolacombe with Lundy Island as a back drop.

Regards.

That's where I grew up Paul :) some of my best memories from north Devon. I remember some stonking nights at marisco disco in woolacombe and pints at the red barn-those were the days :)

The month of May can never come quick enough for me.

I annually have a weeks cycling in the area. The climb out of Lee is EPIC and the drop into Ilfracombe (B3230) equally so.

I will retire down there come the time ...

Regards.

I lived in sterridge valley just outside berrynarbor and then also lived in Combe Martin. Frequented lee and ilfracombe alot. Lee is beautiful little beach. Ill never forget finding a pipefish in a rock pool there when I was about 7 year old. I like to retire there when the time comes too.