• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 03/01/2013

oldfruit

Managed to finally get out for a bit of Astronomy last night. Seems to have been cloudy and raining for ages.

Despite the seeing being poor it was still an enjoyable session and the GRS was putting on a good show.

Helios 8 inch newt and spc900, 1000 frames (approx) from 1800 using sharpcap and stacked in registax 6.

:blink:

I also now realise that stupid me put last years date.

Edited by Craig
Fixed the date :)

Wow for poor seeing you've got some great belt detail there mark-nice one! You inspire me to get on with using my SPC900 once I have my dovetail to mount the 200P to the NEQ6 pro-if I get even half as good images as yours ill be chuffed.

Can I ask, do you use a bhatinov mask to focus or do it by eye?

Edited by catman161

Thanks guys,

Felix i don`t use a mask. I usually up the gain a bit and focus on one of Jupiters moons.

Thanks guys,

Felix i don`t use a mask. I usually up the gain a bit and focus on one of Jupiters moons.

Cool thanks Mark :)