• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Homemade SCT case

Guest @ndyC

Over the Christmas holiday i made myself a custom made SCT case. I followed a guide to making the case from the Sky at Night CD Rom from a few months ago and after some careful measurements,cardboard prototypes,sore knees and cut fingers led to my very own custom case.

Total cost of materials- £60.

Cost of satisfaction in Astro DIY- Priceless. :)

Whilst the rest of us were getting drunk or eating too much, you came up with this. :D  Good job Andy, looks very neat for a bit of diy. Hope to see it first hand next time you come to a meet.

looks great Andy, any chance of borrowing the cd or do you have a link to a website ?

i think i`d like to have a go at making ine myself, very impressed

That looks great.

I made one for my flex tube loads of protection and so on, just don't fit in the car with out taking out the seats. Doh.

Whilst the rest of us were getting drunk or eating too much, you came up with this. :D  Good job Andy, looks very neat for a bit of diy. Hope to see it first hand next time you come to a meet.

Thanks,Hopefully i'm going to be able to get down next week.

Thanks everyone for all your comments about the case,getting hold of the brass corner pieces in Boston was like J R Hartley looking for the book Fly Fishing: Memories of Angling Days By J R Hartley (I sure you remember the advert).

• 1 month later...