• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Cant find it!

andyboy1970

The last 4 or 5 times I have opened my OBSY under fairly clear skies I seem to be getting 30 minutes observing apart from last time I managed to get my camera focused and guiding going as the clouds appeared from nowhere!

So what can't I find?      The bloody piece of rope is attached between my OBSY roof and the clouds!

Frustrating or what?

It's all hi-tech nowday's Andy. The clouds are fitted with PIR, you move towards your scope and so do they.

The last 4 or 5 times I have opened my OBSY under fairly clear skies I seem to be getting 30 minutes observing apart from last time I managed to get my camera focused and guiding going as the clouds appeared from nowhere!

So what can't I find?      The bloody piece of rope is attached between my OBSY roof and the clouds!

Frustrating or what?

Ha Ha Andy

I thought I was the only one with this syndrome.

Only goes to prove that there are many strings attached to these clouds.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

The good news for those living more than 30 miles from Derby, the worlds cloud is likely to be over my house for a month from Tuesday.

Ahhh...clouds have become really advanced now....something they calll 'telescope sensing technology' It means they can sense any form of telescope within 100 miles, and is even sensitive enough to detect when a telescope set up is being judged (you looking to see if it's clear) They then gather over said telescope set up area and rain on the parade. Clever eh!