• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest LAS email - next meeting 22 Jan

Guest Steve

"Dear all

Two EXCELLENT local Stargazing Live events this week: Tuesday at Leics University and last night at Abbey Park.    Many thanks to everyone who contributed to these events.   Very positive feedback from both.     Can you believe that after a very unpromising start weatherwise at Abbey Park , it cleared and we were able to use the telescopes!   Lots of very satisfied customers.   The City Mayor, Sir Peter Soulsby, was in attendance last night, and several remarks were made during the talks about light pollution.   I was told he was 'over the moon' after the event.    (Much, much better than 'sick as a parrot'!) 

The next LAS meeting at the Space Centre is on Tues Jan 22 at 7.30pm when there will be several short presentations including what is coming up this year and the Raspberry Pi computer.

Can I also remind you that the Annual Dinner is on Sat Jan 26 at 7pm at the Bulls Head, Leicester Forest West (I have previously circulated the menu).     If you wish to attend, can you please let me know asap (if you have not already done so)?    Places filling very fast!

A few months ago I circulated a preliminary notice about the International Astronomy Show to be held on Friday 17th and Sat 18th May at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre (near Leamington Spa)

For details of speakers and how to obtain tickets, please see

http://www.international-astronomy-show.com/#/talks-and-speakers/4566930564

That is all for now

Hope to see you on Jan 22

All the best

Ann"

hello

I just wondered if the LAS has a website or not as every time i look for it to try and find out about the LAS i come up with a blank or am i looking in the wrong place, i was hoping to find out about the meetings at the Space Centre, times and things

Thanks 

Rick 

Hi Rick - I think they are undergoing a website change at the moment - which is most likely why you can't find them. THey meet every month on the first and third Tuesday of the month - 7:30pm at the Space Center. Let me know if you have any probs with that and I'll send you a contact email. :)

Yes - unfortunately they took the old one down before the new one was ready.... and now there is nothing. Not great timing following on from the Star Gazing Live events!

I am on an email chain from Ann who runs the LAS and I always forward on details of the meetings into this section. The next LAS meeting at the Space Centre is on Tues Jan 22 at 7.30pm when there will be several short presentations including what is coming up this year and the Raspberry Pi computer.

I'll feedback to them about the website again...

Hope that helps

Steve