• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

International Astronomy Show 2013

Perkil8r

Anybody thinking of going? I'm considering it, seems reasonable unless you want to see all of the talks/presentations, if you want to see them all it's going to be a bit pricey. Has anybody been before? Can you actually buy stuff and bring it away with you or is it just a showcase? I see Hutech will be there :wub: hmmmmm filters....... :wub:

http://www.international-astronomy-show.com/#

17th and 18th May in Warwickshire. Friday has a talk on CCD Imaging, Saturday has a talk on Astro Photography.

Might be a bit tight for me as I have friends down from Scotland the week before and I have an exam to revise for.

I'll know closer the date.

May be interested. If you click on the dealers attending, icon on the right. There are quite a few shops/manufacturers going. So I would assume you could buy things on the day.

Reckon I shall be up to this if it goes ahead, the last one in the midlands fizzled out for various reasons, this one seems a bit more high profile though

Guest Kheldar

Isn't this the one that S@N are backing to try and upset the other big one the traders go to? (Can't remember the name but think it's London ...)

EDIT : It's Astrofest I think they are trying to gazump - not that it bothers me either way, the more the merrier :)

Edited by Kheldar

I'm already booked. Going to the CCD imaging talk by Nik Shzhhhd (whatever it is).

Its been organised by a couple of amatuer astonomers and has S@N backing.

The venue is a good size and has plenty of parking, I've been to other exibitions there.

• 1 month later...
Guest Astroplodder

GM!

Thanx for the info: yep. Sue & I are almost certainly going on the Friday (to avoid the inevitable crowds on Saturday - also, keeps Saturday free for my cricket! :) )

I might drop in on the way home on the Friday night seeing as I work within 1/2 mile of the venue :)

Ahh - just found out it's not in Brum as I thought - it's in Warickshire Exhibition Center - still close to my route though.

I booked yesterday. Quite interested in most of the talks, and luckily off on the Friday anyway, so planning to go both days; £68 for both days and all the talks, not too bad for a two day event.... With work, a two day conference would cost me £600 plus! Also, parents live near-ish, so can stay over there for free :)

James

Guest devil74

I have booked the day off for this too. Maybe some of us could car car share. I don't have have a problem driving if it helps anyone.

Damian

Damian, we'll have to catch up there, if we haven't done so before.

I might leave my credit and debit cards at home as i'm worried one of the traders will talk me into buying an 80 foot observatory and a £50,000 scope, lol

James

I might leave my credit and debit cards at home as i'm worried one of the traders will talk me into buying an 80 foot observatory and a £50,000 scope, lol

James

I can't see a problem with that James. :D

Guest devil74

Well I am hoping to do bit of haggling lol. Can certainly see me comibg back a few quid lighter I tell ya. Btw are you heading to Loughborough this Friday?

I'm not going to loughborough. I don't know enough about astronomy to tell kids anything useful, plus i have dancing lessons on fridays! Don't laugh!

James

• 3 weeks later...

I know I haven't met any of you yet but hopefully that will change soon.

I have a ticket for the Saturday and am going in the motor.

I will have 3 spare seats, 5 if I drop the back 2 (Zafira) but that might be a bit tight.

I will discuss with anyone who's interested closer to the day.

Cheers

Paul