• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Newb from Melton

Guest Mu11ett

Guest Mu11ett

Hi from Melton

New to this forum thing so very slow getting around to working it all out.

I'm interested in photography so I shall endeavour to show my try's at widefield and later, when I have gotten a scope deep space photography.

any help will be greatly received

Cheers 

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome!

I love your signature. :D

We've got loads of experience here, both in visual observing and astro photography. All you have to do is ask! Feel free to ask anything you like and somebody will try their best to help.

Enjoy the forums. :)

Hi Paul welcome to EMS, I see your wanting to head down the dark path all ready, good luck.

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to EMS :)

You'll soon pick up the workings of a forum and realise how easy it is in no time. Any questions just start a thread in the Beginners Section and someone will be along to help soon.

If you'd like to see (and look through) some scopes you'd be most welcome to join us at one of our two dark sites next time there's a session. They're mostly at weekends and located in Belper and Wymeswold - we have one or two members from Melton now and it's my "home town" also so you'll feel quite at home.

Enjoy the forum and hope to meet you soon. :)

Hi Paul

Welcome to EMS.....loads of advice here, please ask whatever you like.  If you want to do Astrophotography ask questions first it will save you lots of

money in the end, even if it costs you a lot at the beginning  :lol:

Sheila

Hi Paul, a warm welcome to EMS.

As mentioned feel free to ask anything you need help with. It's amazing what you can do with limited equipment. 

When you get to buying a scope, just stick a post on as to what you are considering. You can be then guided to what would suit your budget and observing needs. 

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1400&bih=931&tbm=isch&tbnid=NgOM55h2EWQy9M:&imgrefurl=http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/99090-seben-telescopes/&docid=AwPKWSaC_uAQOM&imgurl=http://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_04_2011/post-16549-133877562099_thumb.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=4330UPy-FKaa0QWtkYCACQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=514&sig=108654887707430519725&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=163&start=0&ndsp=41&ved=1t:429,r:29,s:0,i:172&tx=83&ty=66

You don't want one of these!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mu11ett

thanks all for your welcomes. Ive been a bit busy of late so have not managed to post anything of late.

D|id try my hand at a photo of the big old shiney moon the other night, hand held in a breeze didn't turn out to bad, unfortunately in my house keeping session on the old pc I have now mislaid it lol.....did say all the gear and no idea........

Welcome, Paul - there are quite a few folks on here well-versed with the imaging side of things.

Being quite green, I'm certainly not one of them, though...