Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, communicate with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you've signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cass

LAS Meetings

11 posts in this topic

Hi. I've just registered and was wondering about the LAS. Is it ok to just turn up for the meetings at the space center? If so is it obvious where to go etc?

Hi again Steve. Just to point out - EMS is an internet based forum of local folks from Derby/Notts/Leics and Lincs areas. Leicester Astro Soc is a separate organisation. There is an overlap however because several members here are also members at LAS (including myself).

You can attend any meeting at the Space Center which are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Ask for Dr Anne and she will give you any info about joining up. I'm sure we'll bump into you there as well as here. Meetings are held in a room just to the left of the main entrance. :)

Hi again - next meeting is this coming Tuesday at 7:30. I'll be there - I could wear a carnation in my button hole if you wanted to make contact!

Thanks for the info. I might come on Tuesay then, Carnation in lapel and Guardian (or the Sun) under my arm.

In all seriousness, I'll carry my hat that looks like a dead cat!

Dead cats. I'm starting to worry already and anyway whats wrong with a Thunderbird 1 lookalike Honda Accord .

Any Thuderbird's fine by me - I'm one of those nutters with a box set of the series lol :)

Hi peeps - Just to resolve a critical error in this thread:

LAS Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays in the month (7.30pm start), NOT as stated above on the 1st & 3rd.    However you went dressed, you were possibly the only two there!

Byeeeee

Thanks for the correction Paul - post edited :)

(It's a while since I last attended lol)