• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

2" filter & Revelation Astro ED 2x Barlow

Howdy,

As i may be looking to purchase an O-III or a UHC filter sometime in the future, I've a question thats been bugging me for a while.

By picking up a 2" filter, would I also be able to use it with 1.25" EP's if I unscrew the lens of my 2x Barlow and replace it with the filter? Do they fit and are they the same thread pitch?

I'd guess I'd be using my 20mm and 32mm EP's with the filters, but they are 1,25 and 2" respectively and I'm not going to buy the same filter in two different sizes.

Cheers,

Kev

Depending on the type of focuser on your 200p, you could fit a 2" O111/UHC onto the 2"end of the 2" - 1.25" adapter, this would allow you  to change 1.25"eyepieces without having to move the filter

What John says, most 2 to 1.25 adapters have a 2" filter screw thread in them, you just have to make sure the end of the eyepiece doesnt touch the filter

I'm confused. The only 1.25 to 2" adapter I'm using with my scope doesn't appear to have any thread on the end which locates in the focuser. Its kind of tapered.

It also unscrews in two, and looks like it might fit an SLR camera or something (I no longer own one, so cannot verify).