• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Waxwings - finally spotted these little fellas

DaveJW

I've been keeping my eye out for them since someone (Mick or Steve perhaps?) mentioned that they had been seen locally. I finally spotted some just down the street a few days ago, then got some pictures when I saw some again a couple of days later.

they are lovely birds not seen any yet this time around

they have been the"should have been here this morning mate" birds for me this year

Well done Dave.

Their seems to loads of them around this year, they have had a good breeding season in Sweden and have eaten all their food supply so have migrated to Britain to eat ours instead.

Never seen any in my life before so I was very pleased to see them. They were going through the rose hips at a terrific rate, except when they got chased off by a magpie, which it did twice! 

Good influx this year 10,000+ I've heard!! Supermarket car parks seem to be their favourites, lots of Cotoneasters!!