• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heads Up its looking better

Guest roblynmouth

Guest roblynmouth

Hi

Based on the new app, I mention below (Scope Nights), for the East Midlands/Leicestershire/Botcheston area, Sunday has got a fair rating. To be precise between 6pm & Midnight, at the moment, more updates later I'm sure, it showing fair with cloudy mist.

Now I am taking this to mean that their will be an opportunity to see the night sky in between cloud movement.

As this will be my first time with my scope I am well up for that!

There is a slim window around 3am on monday morning, other than that it's not looking very good so far at all. The cloud is getting thinner toward the end of next week though, but that can change a lot in that time as there are so many different fronts about at the moment.

I would keep an eye on your app, if it's anything like the other forecasts they change frequently.

It doesn't look too good for a while.

I do hope you get some light down the scope though. Good Luck.

No good if this wind keeps up, it could be as clear as but with a strong wind, the dob would spin like a sail!

astro_zpsa946d158.png

Will believe when I see it  ;)

Windy atm but hope it's the occluded front causing it. Once this shower clears away I expect the wind to drop (wishful thinking?)

Regards.

Guest Turtleboy

Looking good here on the coast so far. A few patchy clouds but mostly clear skies. Fingers crossed tonight could be my first light. :D