• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help with Baader Hyperian Zoom mkIII.

Daz Type-R

All.

Ever since owning my zoom ep, I have made sure the end caps are on when packing away and storing.  The last few sessions that I have tried to take the ep end cap off (the end that you look through) the twist up eye cushion (for want of a better word) keeps coming off, it is now at the point where it does not twist up properly.

Have I broke it somehow, can it be fixed, I could live with it as with a bit of fiddling I can get it to stay put, just thought I would ask.

Cheers in advance guys.

Hmmm I've pulled that adjustable eye relief piece off mine before but I just lined it up and twisted it back in place and it works ok.

Edited by catman161

Yeah I think you're right Stephen-I have just ha a mess with mine and it screws on and screws back in fine an there's a thread in there I assume for attaching an adaptor

Hmmm do you not twist the protector cap slightly when removing it? Or does it come straight off with the protector cap with you pulling it straight up?

Mine also comes off if you dont twist it to give the eye relief, but is easy to twist back on. As Stephen says it should come off as thats where you put the hyperion camera adapter on to attach a t ring.

Yup same with mine (Mk2) - it's designed to come off so you can use the thread - sounds like it might be just a tad loose which is no biggie. :)

Guest Ely Ellis

On mine, it screws up to a point, then if you pull it, it then jumps to what I think is another set of threads, where you just carry on and unscrew it completely off to expose the M?? (compatible with what?) camera threads.

Cheers for the replies guys, I will have a better look at it in the light and see if it is threaded or not, It goes back on okay so i`m not too fussed.

Thanks again.