• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Insurance

Guest recceranger

Guest recceranger

Guys,

Just realising that I am holding valuable kit which probably isn't covered with my kit and contents insurance! Thing like HEQ5, 80EDPRO, D3000, expensive eye pieces etc as well as a MacBook Pro 15", iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch the list goes on. Also adding a MAK 180 PRO from Sky Watcher!

Anyone know of a decent policy that covers without costing an arm and a leg?

Cheers

Same as Mick, I have not told them but it will be covered as we have single item cover as long as it does not go over £2000.

(I think)

My single item cover is £5500 due to my skydiving equipment so scope and mount covered.

You take your scope and mount skydiving.....?? :rolleyes: Impressive!

Edited by Big Al

Impressive!

Ha ha! Obviously I don't. However I do take my scope to the dropzone as, what with it being a skydiving club it is in the middle of nowhere-not a a single light for miles around. So the milkyway and the skies in general there look great. It's always good when it's clear skies at night there-a few fun jumps during the day and then chill out stargazing at night :)

Ha ha! Obviously I don't.

Gah, and I so believed you. :rolleyes::lol:

I have it all on my household insurance too.

Yup - household insurance for us too - but we have to name each individual item and it's value - but no increase in premium. :)

Guest recceranger

Cheers guys,

Will look into it. Always got to fork out a bit extra because of the old military connection so this probably won't be any different!

FAB